There's no need to buy the bottled stuff when it's easy to make your own dressings and vinaigrettes at home. You probably have all the ingredients right now. This balsamic vinaigrette is easy, delicious, and perfect on summer salads and grilled veggies!
Yields about one cup of vinaigrette
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey (add up to one more tablespoon to sweeten the dressing a bit more)
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Combine all the ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a jar with a lid or other airtight container. Cover the container and shake the jar vigorously. Add the olive oil, cover with the lid, and shake the container again.
The vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.